Re: The long and short, of average cable length?

Subject: Re: The long and short, of average cable length?
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sun Oct 4, 2009 9:22 am ((PDT))
I don't know if this will help in any way, but I've found that most of
my best nature recordings have been captured with an unattended rig.
Whenever possible, I set the mic rig and recorder someplace and leave
for a couple hours. Only short cables are needed.

For recording overnight while sleeping in a tent or vehicle, I use the
longest cable run possible. Until last year that was about 90 ft. ,
which was often not long enough. This year I'm set up go 450 ft. I
haven't used that much length yet, but I plan to next weekend. It
could get messy.

Curt Olson