Sounds from Antarctica

Subject: Sounds from Antarctica
From: "Cheryl Leonard" npintrepidexplorer
Date: Thu Oct 1, 2009 11:58 pm ((PDT))
Greetings all,

This past year I was awarded a grant from the National Science
Foundation's Antarctic Artists and Writers Program and spent a month
at Palmer Research Station on the Antarctic Peninsula recording
natural soundscapes, and playing and collecting natural-object
instruments. You can read about my adventures in Antarctica and hear
some samples of the sounds I recorded there on my blog:
http://www.musicfromtheice.blogspot.com

For folks in the Seattle, WA area:
This Saturday October 3rd at the Burke Museum of Natural History and
Culture I'll be giving a talk about my experiences recording sounds
in Antarctica. I'll also be playing several of my field recordings
from "The Ice." Details can be found here: http://www.washington.edu/
burkemuseum/event/wondrouscold_opening/

Cheers,
Cheryl Leonard

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: