Hello From a New Member

Subject: Hello From a New Member
From: "gerry.geddes" gerry.geddes
Date: Thu Oct 1, 2009 7:23 pm ((PDT))
Hi folks,

I'm new here and have been reading many of the old posts and learning lots.=
 My interest in nature recording came out of wildlife research. I like to p=
hotograph and study mammals in the wild. So far I have been doing field obs=
ervations and using trail cams, and recently decided to include field recor=
ding in my research.

I started with a Zoom H4 and now have an Edirol R09HR and a Rode NT4 on ord=
er (any day now) and will eventually be adding a Sound Devices mixpre to co=
mplete my kit. Much of what I'll be doing will be unattended overnight reco=
rding while camping year round. I will be in all kinds of weather and tempe=
ratures and I'm keen to learn from those who do this. I got some good advic=
e over at Taperssection on equipment, but was happy to learn about this gro=
up also that is focused on nature.

When I'm not recording in the field, my son and I plan to record some acous=
tic blues on the porch, which isn't nature recording but maybe we'll get th=
e odd dog barking or BBQ sizzles in the background. :)

looking forward to learning from the group, gerry