1. Do we still love the NT1a? Interest???

Subject: 1. Do we still love the NT1a? Interest???
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:03 pm ((PDT))
Question: Is there an interest here for a mike like NT1A but 1/3 of
it=B4s size and 1/3 of it=B4s weight??

As it is running both on phantom power and a 9v battery, it also fits
the users of compact-recorders!!!
I have it working on the bench. If it is possible to twist it
together to a complete microphone, it will be the only one for 3,5 mm
inputs with such a low self noise.

Some tricks have also been made which, at least in theory, should
make it more reliable to humidity.
Sound performance will be similar as NT1A, mostly determined by the
big membrane and overall design.
If made, estimated price will be about 3 times higher than NT1A,
unfortunately.

The initial plan was to make a M/S mike for 3,5 mm inputs, but it
seems impossible to find a good figure of eight capsule.

Klas.

>At 10:37 AM -0400 9/11/09, David Michael wrote:
> >

> >Thanks for all the responses.
> >
> >Considering that the cost of a matched pair is about $400, the NT1a
> >still seem like an amazing bargain - even given some of the
> >short-comings mentioned.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01