2. Re: making metadata

Subject: 2. Re: making metadata
From: "animalsounds" animalsounds
Date: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm ((PDT))
> I am not sure how to export a wav or aiff with the marker data embedded
> in the file -- but Audacity will export a text list of markers and times

Avisoft-SASLab Pro, which is unfortunately not free and only available for =
Windows (http://www.avisoft.com/soundanalysis.htm), can embed labels direct=
ly into the .wav file RIFF structure. The labels can be created either manu=
ally on the spectrographic representation or automatically by various class=
ification tools, such as a template cross-correlation mechanism that scans =
the entire file for specific spectrogram patterns. However, this software i=
s primarily designed for bioacoustic research and can probably not be recom=
mended to the typical naturerecordist.

Regards,
Raimund