Re: One for Bernie

Subject: Re: One for Bernie
From: "Gjermund Kolltveit" gjerkoll
Date: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 am ((PDT))
One thing fell in my mind: is the "insectophone" of New Guinea, where
people literally play on living beetles, acoustically in the same way
as with the amplification of overtones in jew's harp playing. An
example of a primates (humans) making music from another living animal.

This is another form of animal music, of course, but still interesting.

http://everything2.com/title/Sago+beetle+music

http://www.antropodium.nl/CD%202.html

Regards,
Gjermund Kolltveit