Re: new to the group and nature recording

Subject: Re: new to the group and nature recording
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Sat Aug 8, 2009 10:39 pm ((PDT))
Hi Alexei,

Are you aware of the Phonography mailing list (also on Yahoo Groups)?

That group (of which I am also a member) has a different focus on
field recording; it is more about their use in music and sound art
projects -- you will probably find people with many overlapping
interests there.

Of course you are welcome here as well, you just may find the
discussion at times very specific to the demands of nature recording.
:)

Btw regarding your question about microphones, you might find my advice useful?

  http://quietamerican.org/links.html

The "microphones" section linked part way down that page may be of interest?

Best regards,
aaron

--

  quietamerican.org