7. Re: 192kHz audio interface -E-MU Tracker Pre

Subject: 7. Re: 192kHz audio interface -E-MU Tracker Pre
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Wed Aug 5, 2009 7:16 am ((PDT))
Rob, you wrote:

> So, has anyone confirmed that is possible to power it with a USB
> battery unit and use it as a mic pre and the line output to a
> recorder?

Hi Rob,

I just tried it out and it works. However, the E-MU tracker does not accept the
power on the USB interface socket (which would make it much easier).

So, one needs to make a special USB power supply cable that terminates into a 4
mm DC plug, which fits into the 5 VDC input of the E-MU Tracker. A compatible
plug is for instance this one: http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/28828.pdf

It is also important to note that the output signals of the preamplifiers are
available at the "Inserts" sockets, not at the "Outputs".

Regards,
Raimund