6. Re: 192kHz audio interface -E-MU Tracker Pre

Subject: 6. Re: 192kHz audio interface -E-MU Tracker Pre
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Wed Aug 5, 2009 5:49 am ((PDT))

Raimund Wrote:
>So, combining the E-MU Tracker Pre with one of the cheap Netbook
>computers (and a suited recording software) would indeed create a
>cost-efficient and still high-quality recording system for
>stationary use in the field.

Hi Raimund et al--

At only $150USD, a potential a break through in field recording gear?
60 dB gain. Full 48 volts phantom. Impressive noise performance.

E-mu states:
>Preamplified analog signals are available before the A/D converters,
>allowing the Tracker Pre to be used as a standalone high-quality
>stereo microphone preamp (using optional power supply).

So, has anyone confirmed that is possible to power it with a USB
battery unit and use it as a mic pre and the line output to a
recorder?

If so, as Tom suggests, the Tracker Pre could make a pro quality
combo with a Zoom H2 for less than $350USD.
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?product=17511&nav=features
Rob D.