3. Re: 192kHz audio interface

Subject: 3. Re: 192kHz audio interface
From: "Tom Williams" pterodax
Date: Wed Aug 5, 2009 3:20 am ((PDT))
Hi all,

I'm still learning to decipher technical specs for audio gear, but am I
right in thinking that the preamp noise of this unit (-127dBu unweighted)
compares favourably with that of my Tascam HD-P2 (quoted on the Avisoft site
as -125dBu unweighted)?

If this is the case, since it can also function as a stand alone preamp, I'm
thinking it could be combined with one of those 5v USB battery packs and an
Olympus LS-10 to make a (fairly) lightweight, low noise recording setup for
when I don't want to lug the HD-P2 around.

Regards,

Tom W.