Re: Oktava MK-012 (was:Hello all!)

Subject: Re: Oktava MK-012 (was:Hello all!)
From: "Emanuele Costantini" lamacchiacost=
Date: Wed Jul 1, 2009 12:06 pm ((PDT))

> <<my experience of "once in a lifetime experience" recording is based
> on the Oktava MK-012
> http://www.oktava-online.com/mk012.htm
> pretty affordable mics with great quality. >>
>
> Be aware that Oktava MK012's come from a variety of sources (Russia or
> China), at hugely varying price points & with wildly divergent quality
> levels. Some are very good microphones & some are truly awful. The
> Sound Room (www.sound-room.com/) carefully hand picks the MK012's they
> sell, Guitar Center does not. So, buyer beware with these. Those which
> don't go through any QC range all over the map quality-wise & cost
> less. Those which are handmatched to meet spec are good & cost more.
>
> Scott Fraser

Yes, Scott is right,
please note that the chines ones are not Oktava, are fake ones.
You can get them buying through eBay.
There's also the option to buy straight from their website, they are
quite fast.
Obviously in my last post I was talking about the genuine ones.
:-)

Emanuele Costantini

Sound, Media Engineer
Filmmaker