Details of Nature Sounds Society Workshop 6/26-28

Subject: Details of Nature Sounds Society Workshop 6/26-28
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 am ((PDT))
Details of Nature Sounds Society Workshop

Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28, 2009

Because of scheduling conflicts, we didn't have the opportunity to get
publicity out sooner. As a result, we have a small group of very
interested people attending this year. We can still take more
registrations, but please let us know by Tuesday 6/23 so we can tell
the field station how many to provide for. The program will be more
informal than previous years, but our speaker John Muir Laws (author
The Laws Field Guide to the Sierra Nevada) will attend the whole
workshop and Chris Clark (UC Berkeley hummingbird tail clicks
research) may drop in Saturday night.

The Workshop will be held June 26-28 at the San Francisco State
University Field Station at Yuba Pass. The cost is $175 for members,
$200 for non-members, including a year's membership. Meals and
platform tents with cots are provided, bring a sleeping bag.

The schedule will be something like this:

June 26 Friday
3:00 - 5:00 PM check-in and platform tent assignments
6:00 PM Dinner in the dining hall
Presentation: NSS surround-sound lecture-demonstration
Preparation of field gear

June 27 Saturday
rise very early Caravan to Sierra Valley
Dawn recording in Sierra Valley
Caravan to rest stop, field breakfast
Recording at Madora Lake
Caravan to station, free time
Lunch in dining hall
Workshops in microphone directivity, make your own windscreen
Dinner in dining hall
Presentations

June 28 Sunday
rise early
Caravan to Yuba Pass
Dawn recording at Yuba Pass
Caravan to station, breakfast, clear cabins
Scouting trip to Carman Valley
Lunch
Wrap-up session
Load-out

Directions: http://www.sfsu.edu/~sierra/Directions.html
Parking lot entrance: 39=B0 37.575N, 120=B0 34.586W

Contact: Dan Dugan, (415) 821-9776, mobile (415) 378-4995 (no service
at station)
             Field Station: (916) 862-1230
-Sharon Perry

This message was sent from Sharon Perry to  It was
sent from: Nature Sounds Society, 290 Napoleon St. Studio E, San
Francisco, CA 94124. You can modify/update your subscription via the
link below.=09
Email Marketing by

   Manage your subscription=09

Comment on this message     Receive as RSS
                                                                =
=09
Share this message with others:     del.icio.us     Digg
reddit     Facebook     StumbleUpon