Re: quiet shotgun mic

Subject: Re: quiet shotgun mic
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Tue May 26, 2009 11:04 am ((PDT))
Hi Robin

The K6/ME66 has a self noise of 10db and that is with it being powered by 48
volt phantom. Using an AA cell to power it the noise does increase and takes on
a more objectional character. You could use something like the Art Phantom II
or the Rolls phantom power units which would give you that figure of 10db.

Phil