Dusk on the Rensselaer Plateau, NY

Subject: Dusk on the Rensselaer Plateau, NY
From: "Charles Veasey" veasec
Date: Thu May 14, 2009 2:20 pm ((PDT))
Finally received the Rycote system for my MKH 30/40 pair. It is great to
be mobile! I thought I'd share my first venture with it into the woods.

http://charlesveasey.com/audio/dykenpondedit.mp3

It was made at dusk near Dyken Pond which is located on the Rensselaer
Plateau in New York. A pretty quiet spot being only 20 miles from the
Capital. I clipped two minutes out of some heavy airplane traffic. The
main subject I haven't positively identified yet, but there is a barred
owl and spring peepers ramping up for the night in the background. At
first it sounds like I am moving around, but it was a bird moving about
the leaves; this becomes apparent after it zips by the mics.

-charles