Re: Frogs & Unknown "Rustle" (food for thought)

Subject: Re: Frogs & Unknown "Rustle" (food for thought)
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Thu May 7, 2009 11:47 am ((PDT))
> Thanks Martyn, I was thinking bird wings, but snake eating frogs are
> possible too. Need those generation 3 night vision goggles !

I remember once recording in Africa along the Mara River, I was
scanning the area for anything that would be dangerous with night
vision and only saw hippo etc, as I placed my microphones along the
embankment a croc dived out at me, I forgot the night vision was
useless and should have shone a light in the eyes, the croc pulled
back into the water pulling my cable and microphones with it!
Thermal imaging cameras are useless too as they are cold blooded
animals!! Trust your instincts not your gadgets :)

Martyn
Martyn Stewart
http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond  WA