Re: Please start new topic

Subject: Re: Please start new topic
From: "Neil Tungate" neil_eurodead
Date: Wed May 6, 2009 9:44 am ((PDT))
Rob Danielson wrote:
> I seem to recall that John uses the on-line Yahoo interface to read
> list posts which I believe keeps track of message numbers in forming
> string displays. Most email apps do not. Kevin might be changing the
> subject as he composes the email off-line but Yahoo is still keying
> on the message number. Most likely, no one is at fault. Rob D.

Rather than Yahoo message number, threading in email clients such as
Thunderbird probably uses the "In-Reply-To" header string. I also suffer
from mixed up threads, which I have always put down to people simply
replying and changing the title. It's surely not that difficult to
create a new email to start a new thread - it's certainly considerate to
other readers.

--
*Neil Tungate
http://www.skipper.org.uk*