Re: new podcast episode

Subject: Re: new podcast episode
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:08 pm ((PDT))
> Bugger, just deleted a long story to go here...

I hate it when that happens.

> Sorry if the photo gave the wrong impression...
> The sounds in the background are of the wind in the trees and not >the ocean,
> if you listen carefully you can hear it move from left to >right as the cold
> front and rain passes through.

No wrong impressions here: the wind is nice too. I was referring to the
relatively consistent low-level ambient roar. Along the Oregon coast where I
often visit and record, the surf typically overwhelms the ambient background
for several miles inland except on the calmest days of surf. So when I say
"fall so nicely into the ambient background", I was referring to the sense of
distance and softness to that low level ambience. That is just an impression I
get, though maybe it is the wind.

John Hartog