Re: Intro and Arizona Recording

Subject: Re: Intro and Arizona Recording
From: "yetanotherlogon" yetanotherlogon
Date: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:42 am ((PDT))

--- In  Kevin Colver <>
wrote:

> And you must have quite the place to record this out the screen door
> in your front yard. I could get some lawn mowers and dogs barking out
> my front door.

Well I'd like to say that happens every morning, but it doesn't. :-)  I
sometimes hear bulls bugling up in the hills across the valley during
rutting season, and occasionally a few cows with a calf come near the
house, but nothing like that ever happened before.  I suspect the
weather and the extreme darkness may have had something to do with it.
But it was a case of being very very lucky to be up with the recorder
ready at that time.

If it's any consolation, the attempt at the dawn chorus was a bust.  I
mostly got the sounds of horses, trucks, a burro about a mile away, 4
dogs in various locations, a chain saw, road machinery, and the morning
jets from L.A. heading east.  And a couple crows. :-)  I used to think
it was quiet up there, but listening through headphones and a pair of
good mics changed my mind.

Terry in AZ

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: