Re: Woodpeckers, Planes and Trains

Subject: Re: Woodpeckers, Planes and Trains
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Wed Apr 1, 2009 11:51 pm ((PDT))
--- In  vickipowys <> wrote:

> I enjoyed that recording Tom!  Very atmospheric and true to the
> suburban location.  Was it really recorded at high sensitivity volume =

> 10?  If so, then remarkably hiss-free, for the LS-10.  By the way, I
> had better luck accessing the sound via your link at   <http://

Thanks Vicki

I did not check the setting before making the recording - too much of a hur=
ry to catch the moment :-)

I did check the settings when typing the post.  The day before I had been t=
esting a home made parabolic reflector and was trying to see just how much =
amplification I was getting by pointing at faint sources of sound and adjus=
ting the position of the microphone (stereo triplets made from Rapid omni c=
apsules) in the dish.  For this I had set the LS-10 to high sensitivity and=
 max gain.

Generally I find the LS-10 has somewhat less  gain than the HiMD recorders =
I have used.  However, it is an ergonomic dream compared to my HiMD gear.

Cheers
TomR