Re: Digest Number 4263

Subject: Re: Digest Number 4263
From: "Graham Evans" grayboodle
Date: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:14 am ((PDT))
=E2=82=AC1150: Mackie HR824 MK2
=E2=82=AC1000: Dynaudio BM5A
=E2=82=AC 960: Genelec 8030 APM
=E2=82=AC 800: Art A7
=E2=82=AC 260: Behringer Truth B2030A

I am looking for active monitors. That's a list I can work with. I am in
too remote an area to get access for testing but I will read the
reviews, find prices and make a decision.

Certain Yamaha's have been recommended to me in this range - and I
actually heard them - I can't recall the model number. They sounded
harsh - but perhaps that's the difference between a good set of Bose
home stereo speakers and actual monitor speakers which reproduce all the
frequencies.

Unfortunately the Australian $ exchange rate is really poor at the
moment so that reduces the budget.

Thanks for filling the mid-price gap.
Graham Evans