Recorders List (was Review of low cost recorders?

Subject: Recorders List (was Review of low cost recorders?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:17 am ((PDT))
At 1:52 AM +0000 3/14/09, Danny Meltzer wrote:
>--- In
><naturerecordists%40yahoogroups.com>=
m,
>"McGrane G" <> wrote:
>>
>>  Looking for a good pros&cons/comparison review of, say the Olympus
>>LS-10, Sony Minidisc, and similar low cost recorders suitable for
>>bird call recording. Have searched web with little success.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>

>>  GM
>>

>Lots of info in our archives. Common query. If you want a specific
>response, let us know budget, purpose of recording, etc. There are a
>plethora of recorders, mics, etc on the market. Oryoki do you have
>your superb list of low-budget recorders?

There are _so_ many new recorders and they seem to keep coming. I was
looking at the new "pro" Tascam unit with XLR inputs,.. just the
other day.

Such a "recorder list" could be done like the mic sheet which is
generated with Excel. This way, one can view the html version
on-line, download the .xls spreadsheet version to add personal notes,
units that aren't on is yet  and then sort the data by categories of
special interest.  Info could include Raimund's input noise
measurements, powering options, mic powering options, maximum
recording duration, performance draw-backs & irregularities, street
price and more.  There could also be an natrec archive search link
and links to relevant comparison tests.

I'll take Raimund's chart with input noise measurements and place it
in an  Excel .xls template if someone wants to take it from there.

Would make a great tax preparation warm-up project. ;-) Rob D.