Re: cleaning the heads

Subject: Re: cleaning the heads
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Mon Mar 2, 2009 4:11 am ((PST))
Ah the old days of tape and cleaning heads I remember it well.

I would have though that the TDK stuff would be fine, just apply some using=
 a cotton bud and then use a dry one to clean up afterwards.

The other stuff we used was isopropyl alcohol (i think that's the spelling)=
.

Unless the heads are really caked in grime I would doubt that they would da=
mage the tape, but it is always a good idea to clean the heads to get the b=
est tape/head contact.

It would be wise having played one of your tapes to check the heads again f=
or any build up of shed oxide, as tapes age they can become prone to sheddi=
ng the oxide layer.

Phil