2. Re: LS-10 operational question - UPDATE

Subject: 2. Re: LS-10 operational question - UPDATE
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 pm ((PST))
I get that occasionally with my old original Mbox! Only it won't stop
until till restart it (playback only). Last time, a client had
headphones on. Nother topic, sorry, but why do digital devices do that?
<L>
On Feb 22, 2009, at 8:27 PM, Curt Olson wrote:

Bernie Krause wrote:

> ...yesterday, we got  a serious sampling error (loud electronic
> noise overload across both channels) that lasted about 2 seconds.
> This is all very curious.

But not totally unique to the LS-10. I've gotten the same kind of
short blasts of full-scale digital noise three or four times (out of
hundreds of hours of use) on my Fostex FR-2LE.

Curt Olson

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: