2. Re: Marantz PMD661, Olympus LS-10, Sony MZ-RH1 Input Noise T

Subject: 2. Re: Marantz PMD661, Olympus LS-10, Sony MZ-RH1 Input Noise T
From: "tk7859" tk7859
Date: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:48 am ((PST))
Hi Mike and the Group

The wall clock does indeed have a second hand.  I've placed it to my
ear and some of the "tocs" do indeed have a resonance about them which
i can hear with the clock face hard against my ear (my family now more
than convinced the old guy has lost his marbles).  I cannot hear the
resonance when the clock  is placed 1 to 2 feet away.

I will investigate further when I have a quiet house again (grand
chilren loose at the moment).  Next time a smaller, less resonant,
room will be used.  This week's test was in an "L" shaped room with
the two longer axes measuring 26 feet.

The mics were a matched pair of NT1As.

The original files are some 7 to 9 minutes long of 16/44.1 WAV -
between 70 and 110 MB each file.  I will trawl then to see if the
resonance is somewhere there on the NH1 file.

Cheers
TomR