Re: Belize

Subject: Re: Belize
From: "George Paul" geopaul7
Date: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 am ((PST))
I have been there twice.

Check out the website for Chan Chich Lodge.  Good rain forest birds
there, and wonderful ruins.  Great resort and extremely isolated. All
kinds of exotic owls.  Kind of pricey but I recommend it.  Good local
guides too.  Wonderful food.

I have also been to the Cockscomb Basin Park.  Really good but very
buggy.  Saw some nice lekking manakins, and got a bad recording of
them.

Martyn, you can call me if you want to discuss further.  I think you
get better diversity of habitats in other countries, as Belize is
missing true highlands.  But you may want to go there for a specific
reason.  The Ocellated Turkey photo I have on my Facebook page was
taken at Chan Chich Lodge.

George Paul

--- In  Martyn Stewart <>
wrote:

> Has anyone been and recorded in Belize with any amount of success?
> will be there in April and I'm just planning my route.
>

> Martyn
> *************************************
> Martyn Stewart
> http://www.naturesound.org