5. Re: Costa Rica

Subject: 5. Re: Costa Rica
From: "George Paul" geopaul7
Date: Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:55 am ((PST))
Martyn:

I have not listened to your recordings yet, as I am at the office,
but look forward to doing that.

I did, however, read your blog. I can only imagine the frustration!!

I found much of the same thing in Ecuador.  Even in the rain forest
it was tough escaping maching noise -- generators, barges going up
and down the Napo River, people from the village laughing, etc.  Or,
even when you are in remote areas, you get dogs barking, or roosters
crowing.

It all goes to show that making "soundscape type" recordings, of the
entire environment, is an extremely difficult task and that pristine
soundscapes should be worshipped as special snippets of the
disappearing global ecosystem.

Thanks for the report.  Again, looking forward to the recordings!

George Paul

--- In  Martyn Stewart <>
wrote:

> For those interested I have posted a sound bite from Costa Rica
here:

http://naturesound.org/this_weeks_recordings/Entries/2009/1/18_The_osa
_peninsula.html

> With a small blog report here: