Re: Ultimate Wind Screen

Subject: Re: Ultimate Wind Screen
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:02 am ((PST))
Further googling on the interesting material brought up this:

Ventile's chief attributes are its soft hand, windproof quality, and
high breathability. It works great in cool-to-cold, dry conditions.
It's also fine when it's cold and snowy out. But it works less well
when it's raining, for instance. The stuff has good water repellency,
but in time it will start to absorb water. When that happens, a
jacket made of Ventile quickly becomes a heavy, soggy mess that can
take days to dry. I used to joke that my Ventile jacket had the water
repellency of a sponge: Meaning, it could absorb only so much.

frpm <http://outside.away.com/gear/gearguy/200309/20030905.html>

so I don'tknow about waterproofness. But it loks interesting, if
expensive.

The manufacturer's website say it is "weatherproof" if not "Waterproof".

<http://www.ventile.co.uk/>

But hey, a nice hand is good to have!

<L>