Airplanes sounds

Subject: Airplanes sounds
From: "gilles aubry" gilobri
Date: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:02 am ((PST))
Dear friends & nature recordists

I=B9m carrying a small research on the perception of airplanes sounds for m=
MA at the University of Arts in Berlin (UDK).
This is not a research on noise pollution, but rather on how the presence o=
airplanes in the sky changes the perception of one own=B9s body and
environment.

I believe that the experience and listening skills of the members of this
list could be very helpfull for my purpose and therefore I invite those who
are interested to answer the questions below. (please reply directly to my
email adress :  and don=B9t hesitate to ask for clarificatio=
ns
if necessary.)

Many thanks in advance and best regards !

Gilles Aubry
www.soundimplant.com/gilaubry

Questions

- Describe situations (everyday or particular) in which you pay attention t=
the sound of airplanes flying over you.

- What thoughts & memories do the hearing of these sounds stimulate ?

- How would you describe such sounds, their variations & motions ?

- How do such experiences transform your perception of the surrounding spac=
& architecture ?
(here I mean especially how space, architecture & topography becomes more
=8Caudible=B9 through reflections of airplanes sounds, also if the sounds d=
efine
new acoustic spaces temporarily)

- How do you perceive your own self (body & mind) in relation to the space
created and revealed by the sounds of airplanes
(here I mean a transformation of the sensation of =8Cemplacement=B9, of bod=
ily
presence, increased spatial awareness or even =8Cspatial  diseases=B9 like
claustrophoby)

- Subsidiary question : Do you often travell by plane ?