Re: How to make a Quick Time Movie to post recordings

Subject: Re: How to make a Quick Time Movie to post recordings
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Sun Jan 4, 2009 12:27 pm ((PST))
--- In  "colinbox" <> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've searched the list for information on how to make Quick Time
> movies for posting my recordings to the group

Hi Colin

Firstly, the only reason a recording shows up as being a QuickTime
movie is because that is the PLAYER of choice on the forum. In actual
fact, what you upload is simply an MP3 file of the sound you've
recorded. When someone selects that file to play (either from the
files area or via a link in a post) they have no choice but to use
QuickTime. (and just FYI it's all one word AND with a capital T - It's
an Apple Trademark thingy)

As for the other issue, I'm not sure why that is happening.

Regards
John