5. Re: Mono v. Stereo

Subject: 5. Re: Mono v. Stereo
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Thu Jan 1, 2009 10:54 am ((PST))
Lou Judson wrote:

> I disagree on the mid mic; I find Cardioid is best, and identical
> mics in coincident position essential for accurate imaging. But that
> is a matter of taste I suppose.

Okay, that might be true. Actually, I still have no much personal
experience on this particular stereo setup.

> There are stereo MS shotgun mics as well, no kluging needed. Just the
> purchase price!

Yes, I noticed that such a model is available from Sennheiser:

http://tinyurl.com/9kxfjh

Unfortunately, its L/R polar patterns above 2 kHz (these frequencies
are important for bird song) are obviously less than optimal. This
problem is also mentioned in the manual text.

Regards,
Raimund