9. Re: Mono v. Stereo

Subject: 9. Re: Mono v. Stereo
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Thu Jan 1, 2009 1:38 am ((PST))

John Hartog wrote:

> If this is a concern, as long as one of the mics in any of those
> stereo configurations is on-axis to the subject, that channel could
be
> used for mono applications if needed - and the other channel for
> spacial support. In which case the problems as you describe would
not
> be an issue.

Hello John,

Yes, of course, this would be perhaps an option. However, this would
obviously lead to an asysmmetric set up. As far as I understand, for
best stereo listening performance, one would usually try to arrange
the microphones in such a way that the main singers are somewhere in
the center region of the scene, but not at the margin.

Happy New Year to all,
Raimund