1. Re: Mono v. Stereo

Subject: 1. Re: Mono v. Stereo
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:10 am ((PST))
Spontaneously I just connect it with the fact that humans from all
times must have been extremely interested in where a sound came from,
regardless if it was something you could eat or something that could eat you..?

Even if the eye is very accurate in reading a number, for example,
the ears are very accurate, too, but in a very different way.
I am certain that most people have saved their lifes or at least
damage, by stopping at the sidewalk in the last second because of a
car being heard coming closer nearby.

Also, which cannot be denied, mono from headphones is something very
"unnatural" to the brain. Such a sound picture never happens in real life.
Mono from loudspeakers is something else, as you hear listening room
in stereo and phase differences.

Klas.