2. Re: impossibility of silence

Subject: 2. Re: impossibility of silence
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:55 am ((PST))
interesting topics. Are there papers about the sound level in natural
habitats ?
We are plenty of literature about sound levels in urban areas, but
what about the "quietness" (I mean quietness in relation to human
noises) of completely natural habitats ?

Gianni

At 17.40 28/12/2008, you wrote:
>Collin wrote:
>
> > I love how recording has opened my ears to what
> > really is noise. At the same time it makes me
> > very sad to realize how little quiet is out there.
>
>Indeed. The first thing phonography illustrates is the impossibility
>of "nature" and of "silence". It is an incredible lesson to learn,
>even if it is a negative lesson, so to speak.
>
>-- robin
>

>Nessun virus nel messaggio in arrivo.
>Controllato da AVG - http://www.avg.com
>Versione: 8.0.176 / Database dei virus: 270.10.0/1864 -  Data di
>rilascio: 25/12/2008 9.40

Gianni Pavan
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia, Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Phone       +39-0382-987874    Fax +39-02-700-32921
Email
Web       http://www.unipv.it/cibra