new member on a budget

Subject: new member on a budget
From: "Valerie Hayes" valeriedhayes
Date: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:09 am ((PST))
Hello-
=A0
I am a graduate student in biology at the University of West Georgia.=A0 My=
 thesis project is on the ecology of box turtles.=A0 I did my undergrad at =
Cornell (including an ornithology class which met at the Lab of O).=A0 I=A0=
 also do volunteer frog monitoring for the NAAMP.=A0=A0=A0=A0Partly because=
 of this, I have become more interested in natural sounds and would like to=
 try my hand at recording some.=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0However, I have no expe=
rience--my artistic endeavors have all been in the visual arts.=A0 I've rea=
d a few books on the subject and done a little internet research and come u=
p with a couple=A0of equipment options, but I don't think I know enough to =
really decide, so I was hoping for some advice.=A0 I am also on a grad stud=
ent's budget and would like to keep costs down as much as possible.=A0=A0 I=
 am considering Sennheiser HD202 or HD280 headpones, An Edirol R09 or R09HR=
 or a Zoom H2 recorder and I am unsure of microphones.
=A0
-Valerie=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0

_____________________=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0
Valerie Hayes
Terrapene Studios=A0
Natural Science Illustration=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0
http://terrapene-studios.blogspot.com/
http://www.cafepress.com/ink_cats