Re: Even viruses make sound

Subject: Re: Even viruses make sound
From: "Thomas Ashcraft" heliotown27
Date: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:10 pm ((PST))
Bernie Krause wrote:
> Every organism produces some kind of sound signature, Thomas. Even
> bacteria, protozoa, and metazoa.
> There is also an article referring to the sound signature of human
> viruses detected by rupture event scanning.

Bernie and all,

Yes, interesting that all things have sound signatures - and complex
vibrations.  In my work I am also thinking of the general sonic matrix
of the micro-realms.

But on the above suggestion that "even viruses make sound"  let me segue
to another of my primary nature recording endeavors.  I am also a long
term recorder of space dust and meteor and fireball phenomena using a
radio astronomy method called the forward scatter method. I record space
dust infall 24 hours a day and maintain spectrograms that are of use to
the astronomy community.  I also maintain a daily archive of fireball
movie receptions at:
http://www.heliotown.com/Ashcrafts_Fireball_Archive.html

As a high ionosphere recordist I am also open to the possibility of
biological aspects of space dust infall in regards to panspermia
concepts and the possibility of microbial life in outer space. It is
possible that biological spores and possible viral-type organisms may
inhabit outer space and that there is interplay through the permeable
upper Earth atmospheres.  Though this has not been proven as yet.
.
The past few days Earth has been passing through specific debris fields
of asteroid particles shed from asteroid Phaeton 3200 which is the
origin of the Geminid meteor shower. I think that each meteor shower,
which are usually usually from comets, has a signature in its dust,
whatever its specific dust might be composed of.
.
It is too much to write about here but I posted an extended recording of
the five minutes of the Geminid shower here:
http://www.heliotown.com/Dust/Geminids.html
I think the Geminid meteor shower may exhibit certain qualities of "ebb
and flow" that are distinct from other meteor showers.  Perhaps the
answer to this is in the spectrographic data and recordings.
.
I know my interests are slightly "off-topic" here as this is a
microphone recording based list but thank you for indulging my esoteric
nature recording interests.

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico

PS : For Eric :  I am using the term "blebbing" in this case to define a
cell wall rupture bubble.  I may not be exact in this particular meaning.