Re: busman audio mics?

Subject: Re: busman audio mics?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:40 am ((PST))
Hi Jeremy--
Yes, I believe Kim pointed to the Busman site a few months ago. I
wasn't able to find accounts of the BSC1 on the lists I follow.
(Doesn't help that the model number matches the name given to an
African Green Monkey kidney cell type. ;-))

Its quite possible the capsules provided with the BSC1 are being
purchased from a manufacturer and Busman is housing them. I've used a
pair of Sound Project C4 mics which seem to use a similar approach.
The C4's are useable mics for the money with self-noise in the range
claimed.  The C4's capsules seem more colored than I'd prefer for
nature recording with more low-end resonance with the omni capsules
and lacking low-end in the cardioids. That's about all I can offer--
of course, the Busman's might perform very differently. Rob D.