in place updates + sounds of 2008 lists sought

Subject: in place updates + sounds of 2008 lists sought
From: "tempjez" tempjez
Date: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:05 pm ((PST))
Hi all,

for the 'in place' blog i'm asking folks to submit a list of 5
favourite sounds heard in 2008 - please email your choices to me at:
 & i'll post them on the blog - thanks.

recent updates on the 'in place' blog include:

.    favourite sounds of 2008 lists
.    details of the custom made hydrophones I am now selling !
.    some photo's from my recent trip to Zlin (Czech republic)
.    short profile + links for Matt Sansom
.    post on Nils Aslak Valkeapaa's 'Goasse dusse' (bird symphony)
.    MP3 from Pablo Jones - 'ventnor beach hut'
.    review of the new cd / book from Greta Hoheisel & Norbert Lang
.    MP3 + text on Andreas Bick's piece 'dripping'

coming up will be posts on the work of Ben Gwilliam, several new
releases of field recordings & lots more.

my lastest cd release 'pocklington canal / wansford canal' (3inch
limited edition) got a nice review in the lastest issue of 'The Wire':

'two pieces comprising untreated field recordings of Yorkshire
waterways, recorded with the composer's self built hydrophones. He
insists that it's not the technical perfection of a location
recording that he's after, but a sense of emotional interaction with
the landscape. That's not to say that he's slapdash with his methods -
 both tracks have a fabulously evocative tactile quality that clearly
demonstrates the composer's attention to, and delight in the most
minute details of sound. The result of such open-hearted diligence is
a brief, captivating mini-cd, beautifully packaged (Richard Skelton's
work comes to mind), and which reminds us that listening is the most
important part of composition' - Keith Moline

*please note: there are now only 4 copies left of this limited 3inch
release*

I am currently putting the finishing touches to my next full length
release 'audible silence' which should be available in January 2009 &
will feature recordings made during the 'in place' project in
buildings across Europe. Also due for release very soon are the first
3inch discs in the 'instamatic' series.

so, plenty going on....

ta,

http://JezrileyFrench-inplace.blogspot.com/

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: