Re: FR2-LE First Impressions

Subject: Re: FR2-LE First Impressions
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:11 am ((PST))
What I have been using for my AT3032's is a DIY Jecklin Disk I made
from scrap 1/4 inch dense plastic (expanded pvc I think)covered with
1/2 inch dense foam (camping pad or kayak seat foam) covered with
suede sheepskin fabric. Pretty lightweight yet sturdy.
John Hartog

> >Went to a hardware store but didn't find anything I could repurpose
> >easily to a Jecklin disk; I am constructionally challenged! Will
> >likely try a simple arrangement with foam core. May not be as robust,
> >but I am able to work with that material without real tools.
>
> Hi Robin-
> Foam core will not be very resistant to bending but will work okay.
> Tom Robinson uses a stiffer sheet material called, Correx (UK)
> http://www.kaysersberg-plastics.co.uk/correx.htm or Coroplast (USA)
> http://corrugatedplastics.net/CorrugatedPlasticSheets.html that can
> be cut with a matte knife. You need to cover both sides with sound
> absorptive material. John Hartog seems to be covering his with
> fabric: http://www.rockscallop.org/how/barrier10.html Others have
> used high density foam.
>
> Jurg was very emphatic about the dimensions required for his rig.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jecklin_Disk Your (omni) AT-3032's
> should be a good match for the design.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: