Re: recording equipment for rockfall detection

Subject: Re: recording equipment for rockfall detection
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:02 am ((PDT))
Also on this thread I should mention that Yosemite NP has automated
recording stations on site, at least two, I think. These can be
programmed in various ways, but a typical pattern is to record
continuous 1/3-octave analysis data, and periodic short full-range
audio clips. They have weatherproof omni mics.

A huge library of data from these stations in many parks has been
accumulated. There is a plan to publish all the 1/3-octave data on the
Western Soundscape Archive site:

http://westernsoundscape.org/

Look at the examples posted there. I suspect you can do research on
the data around the times of known rockfalls.

-Dan Dugan