Re: MS question

Subject: Re: MS question
From: "Volker Widmann" volwid
Date: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:04 am ((PDT))
Hi Bernie!

I recently switched over from a MKH80/40 MS-pair to MKH80/20. (MKH80
used as as figure of 8 equivalent to an MKH30)
I did this because I found out that the stereo image with the MKH20 is
more coherent, very much similar to the image of a Neumann KU100, but
without the "hole in the middle".
I always had the feeling that with the MKH40 there is a bulge in the
image in front. My friend Walter Tilgner who uses a KU100 has the same
impression. We did several side by side tests.
But maybe ours is a different approach. We are intersted in seamless
natural soundscapes. Other might want an emphasis on the mid channel.

Cheers

Volker