Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend

Subject: Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend
From: "Andrew Skeoch" listening_earth
Date: Tue Oct 7, 2008 11:12 pm ((PDT))
Hi folks,

weekend, I thought offering a sample from my SASS recording from the
same location may be of interest.

I was delighted with this location. Although there was some rural
noise around (chainsaws in the afternoon), it was relatively quiet in
the early morning. The reserve's 'Bird Paddock' was a lovely spot;
serene, and with a good diversity of bird species. It was a bush
creekline, rich with dense shrubs, some exotic plantings, and crowned
with tall eucalypts. Wrens, robins and scrubrwens flitted through the
understory, and honeyeaters, shrike-tits and cuckoos were higher in
the canopy.

Although it is from the same location, my recording was made the
following morning to Paul's. A slightly different mix of species is
evident. You can hear Superb Fairy Wrens (bright, tinkly 'reels'),
White-naped Honeyeaters (soft "wewp, wewp"), and the melodic calls of
a Golden Whistler in the background. A White-browed Scrubwren comes
in close (around 2.00 making "tchek, tchek" calls) and a pair of Long-
billed Corellas fly overhead (2.15). The warden of the reserve's
daughter had a rooster, heard distantly, and even it is quite musical!

My rig is a Walter Knapp modified SASS with MKH20s running directly
into SD722.

http://www.listeningearth.com.au/blog_images/2008_10/
Clarkesdale_Spring.mp3

Enjoy the aussie spring!