Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend

Subject: Re: A short dawn chorus recording from AWSRG weekend
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Mon Oct 6, 2008 4:07 pm ((PDT))
Curt, Rob, Bernie and Martyn,

Thanks for the very kind words. I've found the work each of you have
done to be inspirational so it really means a lot to me.

The rig  currently uses head spaced parallel barriers, as I felt the
imaging of the reverse wedge was a bit confused. I think Curt has
also moved in a similar (but different) direction. I've posted a few
pic's of the rig when I first modified it to the current configuration:

http://www.urbanbirder.com.au/recording-equipment/stereo-mic-rig

The outer faces of the barriers are 130mm apart.  The main change
from when the pic was taken is that mics are now both 20mm from the
front edge.   When the pics were taken the mics were positioned at
slightly different set backs.  Not intentionally of course!! It seems
that the changes required to sharpen the centre image will be
relatively small adjustments.

  Over the weekend I had a chance to have a brief listen to Andrew
Skeoch's Walt Knapp modified SASS/MKH20 rig over the weekend, and I
have to say that the imaging on that setup was almost holographic.
Very impressive.

cheers
Paul