1. Re: Reference question

Subject: 1. Re: Reference question
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:30 am ((PDT))
Bernie! I was making an analogy with painters - not recording or
sound design, just art. I might have said monet and picasso, not
intending a direct comparison among any individuals, just imagining a
discussion among diferent greats. I meant realism and impressionism
as styles rather than specific.

Though making an essay in reference for nature and saound would be a
worthy project, it is not something I would attempt on a Sunday
morning in email.

If you thought I meant you were one and Gordon the other, that was
not it at all. More of a platonic abstraction than a comparison!

Thinking aloud, though, would a stream sound constructed from sounds
recorded in a bathroom be impressionistic, while a realtime outdoor
nature track a realistic one? Would it depend on the way it was heard
and how used (a music album, or as a pure listening experience?). I
can only pose it as a question.

It is a challenge for thought processes to me, not a firm thesis at all.

But thanks for asking.

Lou