1. Re: nature recording

Subject: 1. Re: nature recording
From: "John Moore" jlmoore3rd
Date: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:20 pm ((PDT))
Martyn- I don't want to speak for Greg, but I do want to reply... I
appologize for bringing up topics that are already "tried & tested"
because I am new at recording. I'm trying to get feedback from people
on the list along the lines of the stated charter:

"This moderated group is interested in techniques, issues and general
discussion of recording natural sounds. Topics include, but aren't
limited to recording techniques and equipment, recording venues and
discussions of various animal vocalizations and communication. Other
natural sounds, such as water, weather and wind-generated sounds are
valid topics."

I don't have unlimited funds, but I want to build an equipment system
that will ensure that I bring home the sounds I want to hear and
share... Hence the questions regarding cables, power supplies,
microphones & preamps.

I think I'm on the right track, so I'll try to keep the technical
questions to a minimum from now on.