2. Re: Microphone cabling - Another question? Resolution!

Subject: 2. Re: Microphone cabling - Another question? Resolution!
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:11 am ((PDT))
--- In  "John Moore" <>
wrote:

> This way I can have a single mounting box for my preamp, or mixer, and
> my Sony PCM-D50 recorder... This should make it easier to handle
> multiple units, and give it some weather protection.

Interesting idea.

I've been toying with a similar 'closed box' idea for a portable solar
power system; fitting the folding panel(s), deep cycle battery, charge
controller, AC adaptor and inverter all into a smallish Pelican case
with a sealed and waterproof AC mains outlet on the side, so it can be
providing power while closed. (It will need to be opened and the panels
unfolded in order to charge from the sun, of course.) It's not an
original concept, but it will be custom-made to my location powering
needs.

- Greg Simmons