3. Re: Microphone cabling

Subject: 3. Re: Microphone cabling
From: "Greg Simmons" simmosonics
Date: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:41 am ((PDT))
--- In  "John Tudor" <> wrote:

> The other thing I do is put a small piece of Red heat shrink on the
> left channel 3 pin XLR AND a piece of Yellow heat shrink on the end of
> the cable that goes to the recorder.

Red and yellow? That's a German military standard, isn't it?

> What I want to know is can you get it in different colours to
> differentiate your roll lengths?? Eg 5mt is Black, 10 is red 20 is
green

I'll take my cables in any colours you like as long as they are black,
John!

To differentiate different cable lengths I'd be inclined to use
different coloured velcro ties - I've seen them in some electronics
supply stores (e.g. Dick Smith Electronics in Australia) from time to
time.

With my 5m, 10m and 20m cables, it's pretty easy to tell which is which
when all three are visible. But it gets a bit harder when you can only
see one or two of the three...

- Greg Simmons