Re: Chipmunk - Pygmy Owl?

Subject: Re: Chipmunk - Pygmy Owl?
From: "Fred Rowley" frowley
Date: Sun Sep 7, 2008 9:33 am ((PDT))
Hi John,
N Saw-whet sounds very similar (the several recordings I've checked).
It also helps that, while not common, the N Saw-whet is sighted
occasionally in the Park.
Thanks!

BTW - for others, the file is Member Files\PNW\Chipmunk080624_10b.mp3.

I hadn't realized that the URL I listed doesn't work. Sorry!

fred

--- In  "John Hartog"
<> wrote:

> Hi fred,
>
> Not squeaky enough for Douglas Squirrel.
> Did you rule out Northern Saw-whet owl?
>
> John Hartog
>
> --- In  "Fred Rowley" <frowley@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Martyn and everyone,
> > I've just uploaded a recording that I'd thought was of a Pygmy Owl
> > until I learned that there has never been one sighted in Discovery
> > Park. I've since been told that it was most likely a chipmunk sending
> > an alarm (clearly the Towhees are pretty alarmed!).
> >
> > Sorry the recording is so funky - my first actually.
> >
> > Thanks for listening!

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/IMXCSEKhvJSmdoHsx57YzgqlyZvtXtE9n2VIs1DKzP-Os2=
FunDN43mJBwmPxiS8E6bLgDyYZpgMhvSuN3b5gVrqNhVaQ/Member%20Files/pnw/Chipmunk0=
Message: 80624_10b.
Subject: mp3