Re: At3032 replacement suggestions

Subject: Re: At3032 replacement suggestions
From: "John Moore" jlmoore3rd
Date: Sun Sep 7, 2008 9:00 am ((PDT))
The Rolls works well with my present mic setup, especially when I want
to use just 1 microphone & record both tracks on my PCM-D50... Since
the PCM-D50 doesn't have a mono setting, so I use the Rolls to send a
"stereo" signal. I've found that it works best if I set the Rolls
output to 7 & the PCM-D50 input to 5. I used the DXA-10 with the 16a's
to record during our local "Art In The Park" event, and so far am
pleased with the results. I haven't had time to process the sound
files, or to critically listen to them, so I'm not completely sure if
their usable.

I have a lot of learning to do here, so I'm looking forward to
experimenting with some affordable equipment & tweaking techniques...
I'm really looking forward to Spring, since Boise & the Snake River
area is on the migration route for a lot of birds.