4. Re: 3.5mm mini mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE

Subject: 4. Re: 3.5mm mini mics, XLR connections and Fostex FR2-LE
From: "clay" dan.cesonrocks
Date: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:40 am ((PDT))
--- In  Dan Dugan <> wrote:

>  wrote:
>
> > "but apparently XLR to TRS cables weren't available"
> >
> > Annoyingly the fr-2le line input is unbalanced and thus not trs.
>
> Well, that wouldn't make any difference when hooking up a preamp with =

> a short cable.
>
> -Dan Dugan

a different question:

I"m thinking of picking up a FR2-LE on ebay with
the huge discounts currently available...

and am curious how best to connect mics that
previously went straight into my MZ-RH1.

what's the best manner for connecting 3.5mm mini plugs
to the FR2-LE XLR/Combo input?

does using a mini to 1/4" adapter
(commonly used with headphones and such)
degrade the sound or increase noise?

thanks

clay