Significant discounts on ebay - up to 35% off

Subject: Significant discounts on ebay - up to 35% off
From: "clay" dan.cesonrocks
Date: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 am ((PDT))

http://www.live.com/

Using Microsoft live search function, MS is offering a cashback program.

While the cashback program works for many sellers, the discounts I've
seen for other than ebay are measured in the single digits.

If using the Buy It Now option on ebay (with sellers who accept Paypal
and who do not use a third party vendor checkout system to process the
Paypal payment), the typical discount is 25% off, at least in my
experience.

How it (seems to) works:

Search for the item you'd like to purchase (preferably a high ticket
item to maximize the discount) using the URL above.

If the item is found on ebay, there will be an ebay URL with the MS
Livesearch cashback logo next to it.

Click on that link, go to your item, and now you're in ebay.  Assuming
you already have an ebay account AND a paypal account, you just Buy It
Now and the checkout process will tell you whether (and how much) you
are eligible for as Cash Back from Microsoft.

NOTE: you will be asked to confirm your paypal account before any
purchase, so don't be afraid to click on buy it now just to see if the
seller is eligible for the 25% discount.

As I understand it, any paypal account is eligible for only three
purchases of this type.  The discount I've seen is 25% and a maximum
cashback for any one purchase of $250.

Additionally, ebay has a 10% off coupon through 7/29 (I believe) which
is ADDITIVE to the Livesearch Cashback program.  I believe this may
only be applicable via Paypal.

IOW, you can get 10% immediately of the ebay purchase (deducted in
Paypal checkout, and (up to) 25% cashback from Microsoft (after 60 days).

That's 35% off the Buy It Now price.

Want an Olympus LS-10.  You can get it for less than $200 after cashback.

As near as I can tell, the downside may be having to set up a MS
Windows LiveID email account.  I tried joining the program last night
with a non-MS Live ID email account and was told the system was having
problems.  Ditto just now.

If you're wondering what the 'catch' is, it seems like this is just a
promotion of the Microsoft LiveSearch function IN CONJUNCTION with
significant ebay discounts that have been appearing this summer to
rejuvenate the use of ebay for higher ticket items in the
less-than-ideal economy.

Note: the seller still gets Top Dollar.

Apologies of anyone considers this SPAM.

Happy bidding, er buying,

Clay